Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ah ... coffee


Ah ... coffee
Originally uploaded by eandjtrygg.
(By Erik)

We visited the new Starbucks tonight.

There’s a Starbucks in the Target superstore about two miles from us to the north and another one on Broadway about a mile and a half west. As you can see, we're woefully short on Starbuckses within a one-mile radius.

But no more. There’s a new one at the corner of 15th and Bryant — right across the street from Panera.

I ordered a grande mocha frappuccino, which came out caramel for some reason, but it’s very good. (Jeanie said that my “mocha” often comes out sounding “caramel,” so perhaps it was my fault.)

As I was emptying the contents of my wallet to pay for this delicious beverage, the cashier asked me “Would you like some free coffee?” Turns out they were giving away nice-sized bags of something called “Caffé Verona Bold.”

The cashier assured me it was good. I assured her that if it were free, I didn’t need convincing.

Pretty much, if the question begins with “Would you like a free …?” you don’t need to ask me any more. Just assume “yes.”

“Free spearmint gum?”

Great!

“Free trombone lessons?”

Sure!

“Free colonoscopy?”

Throw it in the cart! I don’t know what it is, but it sounds delicious!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Enjoy your blog and get some neat ideas from what you write. Just one ever-so-tiny quibble about this entry. The plural of Starbucks. You used Starbuckses. Well, according to Websters, Starbucks is Latin (as proved by the fact that Starbucks are in Rome to this day) and so the plural should be Starbucksi. Thought you'd like to know. =) EE