Monday, January 08, 2007

How bout them ... Gators!

(By Erik)

I honestly never thought I’d say that, but I’m most impressed with the Florida Gators' 41-14 win over Ohio State. Wow! What a defense!

After all the mouth-running and smack-talking about who deserved to go to the BCS’ big game (and Florida’s coach did his fair share) I told Jeanie that it would be best for the SEC if two things happened:

1.) Michigan (who many said should’ve gone to the championship game instead of the SEC champion Gators) loses to USC in the Rose Bowl.

2.) (Much less likely) Florida blows Ohio State out of the stadium.

Two out of two ain’t bad! And the Bulldogs posted a come-from-behind victory against Virginia Tech in the Chick-fil-A Bowl (though, as usual, there’s no reason they should have gotten into that hole in the first place).

So, despite bowl losses by Tennessee and Alabama, it turned out to be a pretty good bowling expedition by the SEC — the BEST conference in the nation, in my humble opinion (and in Ohio State’s, I’d reckon).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me gusta this blog. (Some guy in Bolivia WHO COULDN´T POSSIBLY BE ERIK hoping this will register a hit on the Clustrmap.)

Anonymous said...

Hi from Blacksburg, VA, who takes personal offense to your excitement over VT's loss. Nah, just kidding. Just came over from Spiritual Oasis b/c I recognized your name from the Chronicle. I think it was you that recently published an article about our congregation's work with Baxter Institute in Honduras. So ... hey. I'm disappointed that you don't get more comments because your posts are great. What's up with that?!

Anonymous said...

Tryggastad! I hear you're back from Bolivia! Welcome to the White Death! Hope that one day we'll be able to have our Connection Group again. :) Adios!

ps-- props to marking your own blog. could you visit my blog, too, when you go to your cool places? :)

EandJTrygg said...

The new version of Blogger turned all of the comments posted here to "anonymous," just in case you're wondering ...