Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This cracked me up

(By Erik)

Check out kendallball.com and you’ll find a discussion called “Christian Chronicle tackles identity crisis.” It’s a discussion of Bobby’s latest story in our series “Are we growing?”

Scroll through the comments after the post and you’ll find one by someone named David. Here’s the comment:

“I’m not intending to hijack the thread/discussion here, but I just followed GKB’s link to the Chronicle website (haven’t looked at the paper in several years, and then in print). Why are there only three writers, apparently, for the whole deal? Ten articles on the front page — all but one (which was a congratulatory in-house piece) were written by one guy, his wife, and another guy. Should they be calling this a blog rather than a newspaper? Anybody got info/explanations? Maybe the print version has opinions from more than two households …”

I could go into a long discussion of the difference between news stories and “opinions” and how a lot of folks don’t acknowledge that there’s even a difference anymore (because people like Rush Limbaugh, Al Franken and Bill O’Reilly have rotted their brains), but I find this comment way too funny to be upset.

(Incidentally, the congratulatory, in-house piece was written by the one guy’s wife.)

-- Erik (a.k.a. “Another Guy”)

4 comments:

ann said...

Erik, I totally had your back. ;)

EandJTrygg said...

Yeah ... Jeanie saw it and called it to my attention. You rock! Thanks!

TREY MORGAN said...

I've enjoyed the CC for many years now. It's fantastic.

I got a chuckle out of the quote. Some people will look for anything to be negative about...

Blessings

EandJTrygg said...

Thanks Trey! Actually, if you check back now on kendallball.com, you'll see a couple of responses from Ann (see above) and Dan Lovejoy. They rushed to our defense. I almost feel a bit sorry for the guy who wrote the comment now. I've certainly made my share of comments like his. -- ET