Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Two more Guatemala photos

(By Erik)

I took these two photos (and all the ones in the previous post) during an April trip to Guatemala with Health Talents International. I've been late getting all of these photos online.

I attended the dedication ceremony for Clinica Caris near Chichicastenango. I wrote a feature about two Health Talents workers from Colorado who moved to Guatemala to work among the Mayan people. You can read it here (and see a few more pictures in the photo gallery). The missionaries are Kemmel and Dr. Lisa Dunham. Great folks. Lisa's sister and brother-in-law are in our Bible class here in OKC.

It was the first time I had to be treated by a physician I was writing about. During the trip I got a severe bout of "el bug de stomach." It was also my first international puking incident. (No pictures of that, though.)

I'll post more about the trip later. Jeanie needs the computer. She's giving a presentation tomorrow at the hospital — probably about stomach bugs.


No comments: