Friday, May 30, 2008

Greensburg, Kan., tornado ... one year later

Here's a video I put together last year for The Christian Chronicle's Web site about the tornado that destroyed Greensburg, Kan. I hoped to return a year later to see the rebuilding progress, but I haven't had the time (or the gas money) to make the five-hour drive.

I don't know if many people got to see this collection of still photos and interviews last year, so I'm posting the YouTube version here.

Our prayers are with the people of Greensburg who lost family and friends in the storm. We're also praying for the victims of recent tornadoes that have claimed lives across the nation. Weather forecasters here in Oklahoma say this is the deadliest tornado season we've seen in 10 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interested in going back, Habitat for Humanity will be in Greensburg building three homes July 24- August 23. Check out the webpage at www.wichitahabitat.org