Sunday, February 19, 2006

Know thy spouse (and his or her choice of shoes)


(By Erik)

I meant to post this closer to Valentine’s Day, but Rotavirus would not allow it (see previous post).

Jeanie and I were the big winners in the Valentine’s Day quiz we played at the Lashleys’ house during our most recent “Brother’s Keeper” fellowship (something we do once per month after Sunday night services).

The quiz was designed to see how well you know your spouse. You answer 10 questions and then you guess how your spouse would answer.

Of a possible 20 points, we scored a combined 15, tying with one other couple. Then we went head-to-head in a tiebreaker question and (to be perfectly honest) got lucky.

Here are the questions. Responses in bold are ones that Jeanie and I guessed correctly (about each other).

How do you like your eggs?

Erik: Scrambled
Jeanie: In an omelet

What’s your least favorite household chore (indoors)?

Erik: Cleaning the bathrooms
Jeanie: Cleaning the bathrooms

Name your favorite pair of shoes.

Erik: Steve (Ha ha! Get it? Seriously, though, my black, waterproof shoes from the Bass outlet in Gainesville, Texas — before it closed)
Jeanie: Black slip-ons. (I missed that one. My guess was “the pair she hasn’t bought yet”)

Which facial feature do you like best about your spouse?

Erik: her eyes
Jeanie: his facial hair

What was the year and make of your first car?

Erik: 1988 Ford Tempo
Jeanie: 1990 Chevy Beretta (I didn’t know the year, but the judges said I was close enough)

What is your favorite thing to do on vacation?

Erik: Take photos and eat (Jeanie guessed “Go someplace he hasn’t been, which is a good guess!)
Jeanie: Sleep

Name the place you would most like to visit but haven’t.

Erik: Norway
Jeanie: Vienna, Austria

When do you usually pray?

Erik: Before bed
Jeanie: Before bed

What did you score on your ACT?

Erik: she got mine right
Jeanie: I got hers wrong (by a point)

What was your favorite cartoon as a child?

Erik: G.I.JOE/Transformers
Jeanie: Care Bears

Tiebreaker: Who was your favorite teacher?

Erik: Conrad Fink, University of Georgia
Jeanie: Dr. Molly Hill, Oklahoma Christian University

(I must confess that this blog played a role in our astounding victory. At least one of these questions was one we answered for the “Fantastic Fours” entry a few weeks back. Thanks to the Rosses for “tagging” us to answer those questions!)

If you’re married, take the quiz yourself and let us know how you do. You get one point for every question you get right about your spouse.

1 comment:

ann said...

Very impressive, Tryggabloggers! :) Especially the ACT score. I don't even think I remember my own.