Tuesday, May 16, 2006

PHOTO: Zimbabwean soccer ball


Zimbabwe village
Originally uploaded by eandjtrygg.
(By Erik)

They make them out of plastic bags, rocks and rubber bands, from what I could tell. Almost all the kids I met in Zimbabwe love soccer — or football, as it's called everywhere else in the world.

I'm back in Oklahoma after a week and a half in Africa. I visited Nhowe Mission hospital in rural Zimbabwe with a team from the East Pointe Church of Christ in Wichita, Kan.

It was quite an experience. I spoke at a funeral and ate warthog with a side of worms (not all in the same day, mind you).

I'm still trying to process it all, but will be posting about it in the next few days.

Click on the photo to see a larger version.

2 comments:

ann said...

Glad you had a safe trip and a good time! I look forward to hearing more about it and seeing those famous Tryggestad pictures!

Anonymous said...

Is this person who eats warthog and worms the same one who used to say, "I don't like anything we're having for dinner."????