Saturday, December 15, 2007

This week’s food our baby is the size of: 35 weeks (plus some thoughts on dramatic chipmunks)

This week BabyCenter.com tells us that Maggie is now the size of a honeydew.

Or, if you want to get a better idea of what she looks like, check out our latest ultrasound pics.

These are photos of a couple of the printouts. The lost a little bit of detail in the process.


This first one is a close-up of her face (on the left). She’s looking at the “camera.” How about those little chipmunk cheeks?


This one’s of her feet (sticking up in the “air.”)

ADDENDUM: After posting, I thought I’d better check on the spelling of the word “chipmunk.” I thought it might be “chipmonk.” (I have some spelling issues. Ask Bobby about my “abrubt-ness” when it comes to spelling.)

So I entered “chipmunk” on Google and, thankfully, learned I was spelling it correctly (unless Wikipedia has it wrong, and what are the chances of that, right?)

My Google-ing also turned up a five-second YouTube video titled “Dramatic Chipmunk.” Obviously, this was something I had to see. Soon I found myself lost in the Dramatic Chipmunk universe.

I’ll start at the beginning. Take a quick look at this video from a kids’ TV program in Japan. You’ll see children learning about a prairie dog (yes, oddly enough, the Dramatic Chipmunk isn’t a chipmunk at all). Watch for the quick camera zoom (something Japanese videographers seem to love, by the way. Watch any monster-smashing-Tokyo epic).



Well, some YouTuber got a hold of that piece of footage, added music, and POW! Dramatic Chipmunk!



And from there it only got worse …



And worse …



And worse ...



This last one's my favorite, for obvious reasons.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I occasionally ask Lamar to read something on a blog. I think the dramatic chipmunk was the first thing he enjoyed.

Eileen said...

Hey Erik, Here's your chance to ROAR. Tagging you!

From Russia with Love