Thursday, August 02, 2007

Microphone feedback and crying babies

(By Erik)

That’s about all I could hear when I got up to preach Sunday night at Memorial Road. But it got better.

To be fair, Randon warned me that, if I used the lapel mic, there might be some problems. I should have gone with the handheld instead, but I had some arm motions I needed to do as part of the sermon.

Luckily, we’ve got great audio guys at church. They worked out the feedback issue pretty quickly after I got started. I could still hear myself through the monitors on stage, I think, and that was a strange experience.

It was a rewarding, yet nerve-wracking, experience. But I’m thrilled that I got the chance to do it.

If you want to hear the audio of the sermon, follow this link to the RealPlayer version.

Or try the Windows media version.

(I'd listen to it myself, but I can't stand the sound of my own voice. Plus, I was there.)

Scott Franks did a great introductory sermon for the series, by the way.

Most of the folks I’ve talked to said they liked the sermon. Jeanie was a bit embarrassed that I announced that we’re expecting to all 1,000 or so people at once, but I assured her that, as I watched the faces in the auditorium, I didn’t see one expression of surprise.

After all, it’s been on the blog for weeks now.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi, fellow Maconite! I thought I'd leave a comment on this blog so you'd be more likely to see it, though my comment is really to do with previous blogs: Congratulations!! We're expecting in January as well--Jan 21. Too bad we don't live anywhere near each other or ever see each other, or that would be pretty cool. Loved your "birth announcement," by the way.
Kim

preacherman said...

I really enjoyed your sermon as well as your blog. I want you to know that I am looking forward to reading more of your blog when I feel better. I am getting over GBS. It is a neorological disease similar to MS. I have good days and bad days. On the good days I like to spend time with the family, work on sermons, post my blogs, read other blogs, comment when I like to join a discussion or my hands allow me to. Again, I enjoy your sermon and blog. I hope you have a great weekend. God bless you and your ministry.

Stacey said...

You did a good job - the whole series has been good. And congrats! I hadn't been keeping up with my blog reading lately, so that was the first time I had heard.

BTW, I have an assignment for you AND Jeanie on my blog...I needed 8 people, so I counted you all as two! =o)