Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pink or blue?


(By Erik)

Drum roll, please.

The ultrasound results are in!

We are happy to report that our forthcoming child has:

• a healthy heartbeat,

• a rather large noggin (most Tryggestads do)

• and a …

Well, let’s put it this way — it’s a boy!

(We would have been thrilled either way, rest assured.)

For me, though, this is huge. Jeanie is officially outnumbered and (at last) can be out-voted on trips to the mall (assuming the boy votes my way). She may retain her veto power on restaurant selection, however. Not sure how that’s going to play out.

Our working title, by the way: Joseph Thomas Tryggestad

9 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Congrats on the boy!!! Great to practice on the lower maintanance gender first!

ann said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :-D

Ah Tryggs, I am so ecstatic for you. I have to say I was rooting for the girl. Y'all know why. Hold on to that name I prophesied for you; I trust you will use it well one day.

By the way, great name. I can't wait to meet this child. I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN JEANIE PREGNANT YET! :)

Connections group must reconvene soon.

Karen said...

Yea, very awesome! And yes, Jeanie, we need to see the picture of your "bump."

EandJTrygg said...

Ann:

I was watching and episode of The Simpsons recently and discovered reference to a deceased person named, guess what, Prudence Goodwyfe.

So, as with most of my jokes, I subconsciously stole the name from the Simpsons.

Amanda said...

Congrats on the boy guys!!!

Summer said...

Congratulations. I have no advice for you as far as boys go - yet. But with less accessories, they have to be easier.

preacherman said...

Congratulations brother!
May God bless you and your family.

EandJTrygg said...

Hello from Kumasi. I'm here safe and sound. For some reason this is easier than e-mailing from my account. Love you, sweetie! -- Erik

Tamika said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!