Saturday, January 12, 2008

(Almost) everything but the baby

(By Erik)

Here, at long last, are some photos of Maggie’s (nearly) completed room. Apologies for the yellow tint in some of these. I took them at night without using the flash. I did a little sharpening and color correction in PhotoShop, but I’m no expert.

That’s the room’s door on the right. I’ve had that sign since Jeanie’s graduation from medical school in 2005. She had a bunch of family coming in for the event, so they put these signs on about two rows of seats at the Civic Center. It was funny to me I’m the only one of the whole bunch who was born with the name “Tryggestad,” yet we all were the “Tryggestad family.” I kept one and put it on the door of what then was my office. Kinda’ funny how the sign turned out to be prophetic.

You can see our lady bug-themed crib sheet set here, plus a few of the photos that you, dear readers, voted onto the walls.


The changing table is loaded up with clothes that will go to the hospital with us.

Jeanie and I bought these colorful animals on two separate trips to Guatemala. (She started the collection in November 2006 and I added to it in April 2007.)

Maggie is one-fourth Norwegian, so my mom and dad got her this little reminder.

Baby’s first SLR camera (I got her this.)

And speaking of prophetic …

4 comments:

April said...

Good luck and I will be praying all goes well with the birth. Our due date has come and gone and we are still waiting! Hopefully it will be soon!

Summer said...

Adorable! We are thinking about you, enjoy today. It's all about to change....

Candice said...

Cute nursery!!! We are praying for your delivery! Maggie arrives soon!

Karen said...

Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to see Miss Maggie!