Monday, January 07, 2008

More photos for Maggie's room

(By Erik)

After two months of waiting, the coveted crib sheet set is in our possession and on the crib! We’ll be posting some pictures of the (mostly) finalized nursery soon.

Meanwhile, I just ordered the final, smaller photos that will go on Maggie’s walls alongside the 8 by 10s, which I put up a few days ago. We’re going to have four 5 by 7s and two 4 by 6s. Since these photos are smaller, I looked for shots with single subjects and less background detail.

Here are our final photos:

This is Moses “Big Mo” Akpanudo. I took this in Obong Ntak, Nigeria, just before we left for the Port Harcourt airport for the long journey home in January 2005. Moses is named after his grandfather, who oversees a Christian school on Obong Ntak.

Here’s another shot of a girl waiting at a clinic in rural Guatemala. I took this during my “ride along” day with Dr. Lisa Dunham of Health Talents International in April 2007.

I took this in Paramakatoi, Guyana, in June 2004, just after the photo of the younger girl looking at a pile of toys. This is an “after” photo. After the kids made their selection, I got a few of them to pose with their new toys.

This is the oldest photo of the group. I took it in a village near Catacamas, Honduras, in early 2003.

This little girl was one of many who followed us around in Sefwi-Debiso, Ghana, back in August 2007.


This isn’t the best photo, but it’s one of my favorites. This girl’s name is Lovia, and she also lives in the Sefwi-Debiso area. She was one of the smartest kids I met on the Ghana trip, and she’s absolutely determined to be a doctor someday. When I told her my wife was a doctor, her eyes lit up. She reminds me of Jeanie a little bit. So she gets a place on Maggie’s wall.

1 comment:

Gena said...

I love this idea for Maggie's room. What a great way to teach her about other kids and cultures when she is a little older. Hope Jeanie is feeling well!